Sales / Program Manager
San Diego, CA
Key Skills: Sales, marketing, management, electronics manufacturing, analysis tools, revenue / Budget management, pricing, project management (PM)
Seeking Sales / Program Manager for Electronics Manufacturing company to generate revenue through sales of services and facilitate the movement of products and/or services to the customer. Will manage Customer accounts for timely and responsive resolution. Responsible for meeting established sales quotas and goals by analyzing sales statistics and monitoring the preferences of new and existing customers.
Sales Management Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Company Sales and Program Management team to generate revenue in a fast
paced environment. Must meet assigned and mutually agreed sale goals and revenue
requirements both quarterly and annually.
- Bring in new customer accounts and grow existing customer accounts.
- Responsible for all customer quoting activities which includes consignment, turnkey, rework,
value added, etc. Work directly with the quote center to facilitate all quoting requirements.
- Facilitate and initiate any required RFQ kick off meetings. Responsible for documenting and
facilitating kick off meeting notes. Must ensure all actions have been completed.
- Obtain all appropriate and correct documentation for quoting, quality, manufacturing and supplier
flow down requirements from the customer.
- Review all contracts activities and requirements; ensure quotes are up to date and accurate prior
to sending them off to the customer. Ensure that the terms and conditions of the quote(s) are
properly reflected in the customer PO and matching with accounting procedures.
- Answer any customer questions regarding quote(s), manufacturing capabilities as well as
technical and industry related issues.
- Must comply with all company procedures; accounting, operations, procurement, etc.
- Receive and review customer PO's against the quotes. The incumbent must ensure the accuracy
of cost, revision(s), lead-time, customer supplied materials, etc.
- Receive, review and sign off all sales orders. The sales manager must ensure that all sales
orders have all of the correct information as documented in the PO.
- If contract or PO conditions change, Sales Manager is responsible for review of changes, sign off
as well as sales order updates.
- Work with customers on RMA activities and supplier performance.
- If a customer's RFQ is military, medical or AS9100, the sales manager is responsible for properly
following all of the company procedures.
- Review and properly flow down all customers SOW's, Quality Assurance Requirements, RFP's,
RFQ, etc. to the appropriate departments.
- Provide customer tours of the facilities.
- Implement any customer documentation changes and update quotes as required.
- Assists in resolving any outstanding invoicing issues.
- Facilitate offsite customer face to face meetings
- Responsible for facilitating customer meetings. This includes drafting and presenting
presentations to customers.
- Responsible for drafting and executing plan for achieving goals. The plan is to include milestones
and must be measurable.
- Submit weekly sales, quotes and activity reports to direct supervisor.
Program Management Responsibilities include:
- Interface and work with Sale Managers and Customers daily on designated projects; that may be
separate from Sales Management roles and responsibilities.
- Be accountable for Sales orders once they're signed off by the Sales Manager, including
customer communications, including phone calls, faxes, text messages and emails.
- Review all customer documentation to ensure build package is complete for release to
- May be required to process customer RFQ's and send RFQ's to the contracts department, both
consignment and turnkey for quoting.
- May be required to receive and verify customer Purchase Orders and submit customer Purchase
Orders to accounting for processing.
- Receive and sign off on pre-approved Sales Orders
- Assist accounting in resolving invoice related issues.
- Interact and work with all other company departments. Support other departments by working
with the department and customer in resolving open issues.
- Assist with basic requirements from the customer as well as answer basic customer questions.
- Conduct, document and close out action items for kick off meetings. Meetings address the flow
down of customer, manufacturing, quality and supply chain requirements.
- Assist with MDR and MR resolutions.
- Notify customers of consignment and turnkey delivery commitments.
- Assist in updating the Production Schedule via communication to production.
- Track Material and Production Reports daily.
- Know and perform all of the customer service job functions and responsibilities.
- Attend offsite customer meetings as required.
- Learn and understand the industry, obtain solid technical knowledge and master the manufacturing process.
- Follow all procedures related to job.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Must have sufficient skills and traits in the following areas:
Analytical thinking, problem solving, project management, Technical, customer service, oral and written communication, teamwork, business acumen, cost consciousness, diversity, ethics, organization support, judgment, motivation, professionalism, quality, quantity, timeliness, productivity, adaptability, punctuality, dependability, initiative, innovation and resourcefulness.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's degree (BS) or equivalent; or four to six years related experience and/or training in technology manufacturing or related industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Electronics manufacturing industry experience is highly desirable
- Solid track record of consistently exceeding sales goals
- Experience using competitive analysis tools
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient knowledge of proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
and Sales database programs.
- Ability to interface well with all departments/subsidiaries of the company to represent the organization in a highly professional manner. Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Ability to multitask and be proactive in the responsibilities of the position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Total Compensation package is 90-110K which is base plus commission.
To apply for this position please put in the subject Job ID # 1734. Also, please send an MS Word 2003 or earlier version of your resume as the later versions are incompatible with our software.