Software Test Engineer
Key Skills: Quality Assurance, QA, automated test scripts, HTML, XML, ASP, ASP.net, Windows servers, IIS, Linux, Tomcat/Apache, Java, C#, PERL, Ruby, Rails, Git,
The Software Test Engineer will work independently and with other developers, departments, customers, and third parties, in a variety of capacities, as required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. The Software Test Engineer is considered a top level contributor and must have the flexibility to perform a variety of tasks. This position reports into the Lead Software Testing Engineer.
- Defines test plans, procedures, and acceptance criteria for each application.
- Participates in design and requirements meetings for each project.
- Works closely with Product Development and Product Management to define, research, correct, and retest defects.
- Performs application, regression, and acceptance testing.
- Considerable involvement in system test setup and testing.
- Assists in release windows.
- Provides release reports and metrics for releases.
- Defines and creates automated test scripts in conjunction with development resources.
- Participates in the definition, setup, and orchestration of stress and capacity tests.
- Works independently to investigate system level bugs/issues to isolate area of failure working with Development resources.
- Represents QA in software requirements and design review inspections.
- Research technical advancements to improve testing for new or existing products.
- Prepares technical and business reports and documentation as required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge in product testing, quality assurance methodologies, multiple databases, and programming techniques.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge in creating automated test scripts.
- Must have 4-6 years of experience in quality assurance and testing.
- Proven ability to utilize either currently existing testing tools or to develop proprietary tools to automate testing
- Must have considerable involvement/knowledge of multiple subsystems.
- Working knowledge of HTML, XML, ASP, ASP.net, Windows servers, IIS, Linux, Tomcat/Apache, Java, C#, PERL, and other scripting languages
- Experience with Ruby, Rails, Git, Ruby testing frameworks (Test::Unit, RSpec, Cucumber), CruiseControl, Selenium, Soasta
- Demonstrated understanding of the full software lifecycle process and Scrum continuous development and testing methodologies.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science required.